Brides-to-be come to the Running of the Brides® to find their dream dress at a bargain price.
Whether you camp out overnight to be one of the first through the doors, or arrive later in the day for a less chaotic experience, by day’s end virtually every bride who comes here
leaves with the wedding gown of her dreams (that she snagged for an unbelievable price) and a treasure trove of memories.
If you would like to be informed of any future re-launch or interested in purchasing the rights to the Company's brands, Click Here.
The key to being successful at the Running of the Brides® is knowing what to expect.
When the doors open at 8:00am, brides and their helpers rush to the racks, grab wedding gowns and immediately start trying them on. After this initial frenzy the real sale begins, when helpers roam the floor to trade sizes, colors and designers with the other teams. Once you get in the flow of this unique event, it will all make sense. Here are a few guidelines that will help make your experience at the ROTB more successful and fun.
Before You Go
- Recruit your team and assign jobs.
- Create team unity by wearing something matching—for example hats, t-shirts or headbands. This will also help you find each other in the crowd.
- Tear out pages from bridal magazines, or print styles from on-line wedding gown sites to show your team what you’re looking for.
The Day of the Sale
- Dress smart—wear a sports bra or swim suit so you can change in and out of gowns anywhere in the store.
- Leave your handbag at home or pack light for the day.
- Please, don’t wear make-up. White shows everything.
- The sale starts at 8:00am, so if you want to be one of the first through the doors, plan on arriving well before then.
- Not everyone wants to deal with the 8:00am rush. Starting around 11:00am you’ll see dresses going back on the racks and the scene will be calmer.
- Be considerate. Once you decide you don’t like a dress, put it back on the rack. It just might be someone else’s dream dress.
Secrets of Success
For more tips like these, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request the “Secrets of Success—finding your dream dress at Filene’s Basement’s Running of the Brides.”
Dates and cities to be announced soon.
Invite Your Team
You’re not just shopping for the wedding gown of your dreams, you’re creating memories. Invite loved ones and share a bonding experience you’ll never forget.Create Your Invitation
What labels do you carry? How do I trade dresses? Get the answers to all your questions.Click Here
Visit our YouTube channel to see brides-to-be in action at past ROTB events.Click Here